SportsWrath

So pick #2

BlueInCanada

QB or RB?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do they take?

• QB
    • RB

And I can think of Mariota, Winston, Tennenhill, Quinn, Manzel, RG3, Weeden, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Tebow, Freeman, Sanchez, Russell, Young, Leinhart, Cutler, Leftwitch, Boller, Carr, Harrington, Pennington, Couch, Leaf, Smith, the list goes on and on, and these are just first round QBs.

Sorry Nas, you simply cant say a top 10/5 QB will make it in the NFL, the anomaly being 2004.

The fucking Jets lol.

How many first rounds QBs are starting VS All other rounds Qbs

Of the 32 NFL teams,:

• 18 had starting QBs drafted in the 1st round (56.25%)
  • 7 of which were drafted number 1 overall (21.88%)
  • 13 teams had QBs drafted in the top 5 (40.63%)

This does not factor in Andrew Luck in Indy since he has not played all year. Respectively, those numbers would jump to 59.38%, 25%, 43.75% if Luck played.

It should also be considered that Minnesota had two injured 1st rd QBs that would likely have started if healthy, including and number 1 overall.

Of the 12 playoff teams, 8 have starting QBs drafted in the 1st round, 7 of which were top 5 picks.

Starting QBs by round drafted, leaving out Luck, Bradford, and Bridgewater

• 1st round - 18
  • 2nd round - 5
  • 3rd round - 3
  • 4th round - 2
  • 5th round - 0
  • 6th round - 2
  • 7th round - 1
  • Undrafted - 1

I think it is fair to say that if you're looking for a franchise QB, the top of the 1st round is a pretty good place to start.

Of the 32 NFL teams,:

This does not factor in Andrew Luck in Indy since he has not played all year. Respectively, those numbers would jump to 59.38%, 25%, 43.75% if Luck played.

It should also be considered that Minnesota had two injured 1st rd QBs that would likely have started if healthy, including and number 1 overall.

Of the 12 playoff teams, 8 have starting QBs drafted in the 1st round, 7 of which were top 5 picks.

• 1st round - 18
  • 2nd round - 5
  • 3rd round - 3
  • 4th round - 2
  • 5th round - 0
  • 6th round - 2
  • 7th round - 1
  • Undrafted - 1
I think it is fair to say that if you're looking for a franchise QB, the top of the 1st round is a pretty good place to start.

Thanks VG.... made my day.

I'd love to think a 3-13 team can make a run next year, but it's doubtful. If that's the route they opt for, they should try to trade for Larry Fitzgerald.

This is not a 3-13 team. They lost 13 games this year. It's an anomaly. It's not like they consistently have horrible seasons like the old Raiders or the Browns. If they take care of what the entire world knows needs to be taken care of, and get the broken pieces back healthy, '18 will be what '17 should have been.

Of the 32 NFL teams,:

• 1st round - 18
  • 2nd round - 5
  • 3rd round - 3
  • 4th round - 2
  • 5th round - 0
  • 6th round - 2
  • 7th round - 1
  • Undrafted - 1

Just some further stats I spent far too much time on:

Win % by draft position in 2017

Rd 1:

• 1st: 49-39 .557
  • 2nd: 24-16 .600
  • 3rd: 10-6 .625
  • 4th: 9-7 .563
  • 11th: 18-11 .620
  • 12th: 3-4 .429
  • 16th: 9-7 .563
  • 24th: 4-2 .667

Rd 1 total: 117-92 .560

Rd 2: 29-42 .408

Rd 3: 18-26 .409

4th: 16-16 .500

6th: 21-9 .700

7th: 5-6 .455

Undrafted: 12-3 .800

This is not a 3-13 team. They lost 13 games this year. It's an anomaly. It's not like they consistently have horrible seasons like the old Raiders or the Browns. If they take care of what the entire world knows needs to be taken care of, and get the broken pieces back healthy, '18 will be what '17 should have been.

Its not a 13 loss roster I agree. This is almost the same exact roster that went 11-5 and its much easier to have a season spiral out of control than it is to luck your way to 11 wins

Granted, but new coaching staff, new system, and likely the loss of a couple defensive starters.

I dont think were losing much on defense. Maybe drc. Maybe casillas. apple is addition by subtraction at this point.

Anyway I just mean from a player personnel standpoint I think we are closer to 11 wins than 3

• 2 weeks later...

The more I'm looking at it, the more I'm thinking the Giants need to make the world think they're taking Barkley to encourage a team who really wants him to trade up for him. I mean, draw up a fake draft board and have some low-rung staffer "leak" it. Barkley won't make it past the Browns' 2nd pick overall, so do we encourage the Browns to trade up and pick both #1 and #2 overall? They have the draft capital to do it.

We'd still be in the top 5 and be able to get one of the QBs....Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield...or we could likely get the top OT...whomever that might be...and ultimately roll with Eli/Davis next year.

Just thinking aloud.

The more I'm looking at it, the more I'm thinking the Giants need to make the world think they're taking Barkley to encourage a team who really wants him to trade up for him. I mean, draw up a fake draft board and have some low-rung staffer "leak" it. Barkley won't make it past the Browns' 2nd pick overall, so do we encourage the Browns to trade up and pick both #1 and #2 overall? They have the draft capital to do it.

We'd still be in the top 5 and be able to get one of the QBs....Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield...or we could likely get the top OT...whomever that might be...and ultimately roll with Eli/Davis next year.

Just thinking aloud.

I don't see us passing on the chance to get the QB the Giants want.. my guess is they want Rosen. I don't see the Browns taking Josh Allen. And I don't think the Brows would squander their picks... they don't need to trade up for anyone... As much as the Barkely pick sounds good, we just don't have the OL (1) and our QB doesn't have much left in the tank... so the time to pick that QB is now... the wild card here is Davis Webb... does the FO office think he can be the future of this team? In that case, trading down becomes that much more appealing since our problems go beyond the RB position...

Vikings were second in the NFL in rushing attempts. Shurmur definitely likes to run the ball and Dalvin Cook looked well on his way to OROY before his injury it was probably the running game and good defense more so than Keenum. In Cleveland Shurmur took Richardson and then came back up for Weeden, I wonder if the same come happen here draft Barkley then come back up for Jackson

I'm not necessarily advocating that we pick Barkley, but that we make the world think we are. There's a bigger dropoff from RB1 to RB2 than there is from QB2 to QB3 in this draft (assuming Browns take QB1).

So I guess the best move here really is to get a gauge on what picks 3-5 are going to do. Actively shop the 2nd pick on draft day, but don't drop outside the top 5 or 6...because you want that top OT, top RB, or top-3 QB.

I'd rather trade down and pick up more draft picks at this point. You have to be 100% positive this is your QB for the next decade to take one and I think we can put off making that decision. There will be other drafts and other QBs. Fixing the rest of the team is the priority over securing a possible franchise QB now who will lead the team later.

I'd rather trade down and pick up more draft picks at this point. You have to be 100% positive this is your QB for the next decade to take one and I think we can put off making that decision. There will be other drafts and other QBs. Fixing the rest of the team is the priority over securing a possible franchise QB now who will might lead the team later.

Nassib and Webb...haven't lead shit.

Nassib and Webb...haven't lead shit.

I'm counting on Eli Manning playing out his contract before replacing him as starter again. In two years we can have a better team built for the next QB whoever that may be.

To be fair, Webb is about as good if not better than the current QB prospects in this draft...

yeah, I don't know how that can be stated with any degree of confidence. If you want to say Webb is as much a crapshoot as the draft prospects, I'll buy that.

based on Nas Football Camp, Bronx, NY 10451

Yes. (wrong zip code) :ph34r:

yeah, I don't know how that can be stated with any degree of confidence. If you want to say Webb is as much a crapshoot as the draft prospects, I'll buy that.

Yes.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-move-up-to-no-1-and-a-trade-for-every-first-round-pick/

Interesting excerpt from crazy yet possible draft trades

2. Buffalo Bills (from NYG)

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. The Bills have the ammo to move up, and packaging their two first-round picks would be enough to get into the top 10. If they throw in left tackle Cordy Glenn and another later pick, would that be enough to get to No. 2? There's obviously a familiarity between the teams' GMs thanks to their Carolina connections. If a trade like this happens, the Bills get a pro-ready franchise quarterback and try to build on last year's playoff run, while the Giants get potentially three starters for the price of one, depending on how they use No. 21 and No. 22.